25.08.2009

I SHOULD TELL YA MAMA ON YOU



"Red, a homeless gentleman in Los Angeles, showed up behind the HVW8 gallery late last year and proceeded to beatbox/sing his original composition “I Should Tell Your Mama On You,” which sounds like Ginuwine filtered through Roger Troutman and performed by a 90-year-old barbershop singer. It is amazing."

ARAS SAYS AMAZING!

Pitchfork says "one brilliantly strange song.".

Noteable quoteables:
"Smokin on that granddaddy/ Make you wanna slap ya grandmammy/ Make you wanna hit that laffy taffy…”

“Here we go aaaagain/ Me and my lonesome ass friends…”

“We about to get hyphy with it/ You claim that you don’t like me, quit it"


mp3: Red - (the man without the machine) - I should tell ya momma on you (itunes) // 7" via Stones Throw

Ingen kommentarer: